The mission of STD/HIV/Hepatitis Program is to lead the effort to build a holistic, integrated and innovative system of STD, HIV, and Hepatitis prevention, care and education that eliminates health inequities. We will do this by utilizing quality data and technology to inform and direct policy and programs around sexual health.
Current Job Listings:
Lead Community Health Worker Region 9 – Resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Health Equity Supervisor – Resumes should be sent to Jacky.email@example.com
TelePrEP Navigator – Resumes should be sent to Jacky.firstname.lastname@example.org
The Louisiana Department of Health (LDH) Diversity and Inclusion is dedicated to advance the agency’s internal diversity and inclusion efforts. It is committed to promoting diversity, inclusion, and cultural humility to all levels of the agency, including the Executive Team.
Agency leadership is committed to a workplace that supports diversity, inclusion, and cultural humility and awareness.
There are a number of areas in the agency that support diversity and inclusion work both internal and external to the agency already.
We are an agency that supports a learning environment and encourages staff and leaders to learn and grow.
We are enthusiastic developing a strong workforce development program to engage and train employees in the important areas of diversity and inclusion.
The agency has a number of groups and activities in place that will support this work.
How does LDH define Diversity and Inclusion?
Diversity is comprised of the differences and similarities of all of us that include, for example, individual and organizational characteristics, values, beliefs, experiences and backgrounds. In addition to commonly accepted attributes, diversity encompasses a wide range of attributes we bring to the workplace such as our personal and professional history that frame how we see the world, collaborate with colleagues and stakeholders, and serve the people of Louisiana.
Inclusion means creating a work environment in which all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, have equal access to opportunities and resources, and can contribute fully to the work of our agency.
- Staff will participate in fostering a culture that allows all of us to bring our “whole self” to work.
- Staff will be respectful to one another by asking questions for understanding and assuming good intent when working together.
- Staff will embrace learning and dialogue to improve our workplace.
- The agency will support our leaders in addressing issues and building a supportive environment for all staff.
- Leaders will encourage staff to share their perspectives to make things better.
- The agency will engage in practices to recruit and retain diversity.