LIVE HEALTHY & WELL
Don’t have health insurance?
Find out about Medicaid eligibility and other options for getting covered in Louisiana.
Access to medication and other support services for people living with HIV is available through the Louisiana Health Access Program and the Ryan White Program.
The Louisiana Department of Health’s STD/HIV/Hepatitis Program (SHHP) coordinates a number of statewide and regional programs designed to prevent HIV and other STDs, to ensure the availability of quality medical and social services for HIV infected and affected individuals, and to track the impact of the epidemic in Louisiana.
Our mission is to end the impacts of HIV, STI, and hepatitis by eliminating related health inequities and stigma for all communities in Louisiana.
Louisiana is a place where new HIV, STI and hepatitis diagnoses are rare, all people have high-quality health care and treatment, are free from discrimination, and can achieve their full potential for health and well-being across their lifespan.
- Excellence – Our diversity drives our innovation and empowers us to be leaders in the national effort to respond to HIV, STIs, and hepatitis.
- Innovation – We push the status quo and pave the way both locally and nationally to create impact and change for the people of Louisiana
- Equity – We center the whole person, actively working to dismantle and respond to racist and heterosexist systems that drive HIV, STIs, and Hepatitis in Louisiana in our internal and external work.
- Trust – We are truth-tellers, using high-quality data for the public good with a focus on collecting and telling the stories behind the numbers and providing context.
- Dedication – We are always willing to go above and beyond by being present and by working together to achieve more as a team than individually.
- Collaboration – We have meaningful and genuine collaborations that allow us to center Louisiana communities and our partners who share our mission and vision.
- Community – Our work is driven by and for the people of Louisiana, ensuring health equity, and effective partnerships.