The advocacy encounter topic should be used for “Collaboration with or advocacy to a professional services organization on behalf of the client (clinic staff, government office or other).”
This encounter topic is specifically for working with organizations or agencies that are also assisting a particular client. An ROI must be in place for all agencies. This encounter topic may not be used for communication with family members, or with staff who are within the Ryan White Part B funded agency. For example, discussing the needs of a client with a coworker does not count as advocacy.
Health Education Encounter Topics
The following encounter topics have been added to the Health Education service category. Every service delivered should have an encounter topic.
More than one encounter topic may be used per service.
- Eligibility Intake
- Initial eligibility determination with overview of benefit options.
- Client contact not for assessment or eligibility reasons.
- 6 Month Eligibility Recertification
- Inclusive of eligibility recertification and any changes to possible benefits.
- Annual Eligibility Recertification
- Completed yearly, inclusive of eligibility recertification and any changes to possible benefits.
- Assistance with applying for or understanding the benefit details of LAHAP, HIP, Health Insurance Marketplace/ACA, Medicaid or Medicare.
- Transportation Coordination
- Assisting a client with transportation needs to medical or social service appointments.
- Collaboration with or advocacy to a professional services organization on behalf of the client (clinic staff, government office or other).
- Other topics not represented above, such as services provided by the Veteran’s Administration, or Social Security benefits.